Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Horoscope

So many of you know that I have a crush/slight obsession with the daily emails from the website Steep and Cheap. Last night's edition made me laugh right out loud because seriously, I think the writer and I really just need to get married. Two overly dramatic worriers in one house sounds like a real treat doesn't it?

A squirrel broke in one day and it wouldn't leave. It was sitting in my friend's cereal bowl eating Peanut Butter Capn' Crunch with one hand and rubbing the top of its head with the other. Too much contact with humans had taken away its fear, so the animal would just sit and stare at you while you waved your hands in the air trying to scare it back out the window. Later I would worry that by letting it live we would be the cause of a massive squirrel migration into human domiciles, or at least a squirrel rapture on the scale of Hitchcock's The Birds. I was afraid this squirrel would tell its friends that humans were nothing to be feared, and then the animals would roam our homes with impunity. Turns out it wasn't that big of a deal and I'd grossly over dramatized the problem. Kind of like pretty much everything else I've ever worried about.

1 comment:

CoCo said...

OH MY GOSH! I logged in this morning to find that email and I totally thought "Ha! I wonder if Katie's seen this?". Apparently you have. :)

Maybe you need to write him and Tina Fey to ask if they are your REAL parents. Kidding.