Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What do you people DO?

I didn't go to work today. We have a trade show this week and my flight was at 3 so it wasn't really worth going to the office just to turn around and go to the airport a few hours later. So I did what I always do on days off-slept in and then went to workout. I got to the gym around 10 and to my utter surprise-it was PACKED. All the machines were taken, the weight stations were buzzing and there was a full Step class going on in the studio. It was busier than I've ever seen it at six in the evening when I usually go.

And I thought to myself-I'm only here because I'm not where I'm supposed to me, what is everyone else's story? Who are you people who workout at 10 in the morning? What do you do for a living? I need to know your secrets. A girl could really get used to that lifestyle you know.

4 comments:

Kristy Mouti said...

We work on the weekend, and usually not 9-5, 40 hours a week. I would die if I had to do that. That's why I'm an esthetician at a ski resort - so I can snowboard while everyone else is at work.

Bev said...

It's the "work from home" crew...i.e. the "work when convenient" crew which almost always means it is not convenient to work at 10AM in the morning. It just simply isn't

lilcis said...

It's also the "Trophy Wife" crew. Those lucky women who married rich and thereby can afford the luxury of staying home with their children while living in Southern California.

In exchange they must maintain their beautiful, youthful, fit appearance. Therefore, they are at the gym at 10am.

I know, it makes me sick too.

Whits said...

LAW STUDENTS who dont go to class.