Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rock

Although I've been planning to vote for Barack Obama for quite a long time now, I wasn't prepared to be as emotional as I was last night and continue to be today. Watching his beautiful family come onto the stage last night I burst into tears. I had some things I wanted to say but I feel like my sister and my dad both did it better.

I hope that regardless of who you voted for, we can all send our prayers and good thoughts to the man who will be leading us for the next four years. It's an unstable world right now and he will need all the help he can get.

2 comments:

adamf said...

It's pretty great to have a black man with the middle name Hussein to be our president. A black friend of mine says it all seems surreal. He was at a loss for words yesterday.

Kelly said...

Speaking of family, Michelle Obama is just awesome!