Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Obsession

This might be the saddest song I have ever heard.

Today you were far away
and I didn't ask you why
What could I say
I was far away
You just walked away
and I just watched you
What could I say

How close am I to losing you

Tonight you just close your eyes
and I just watch you
slip away

How close am I to losing you

Hey, are you awake
Yeah I'm right here
Well can I ask you about today

How close am I to losing you
How close am I to losing


Just download it though because I think the lyrics look sort of melodramatic alone but feel very immediate and real when you hear them.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Wow. Ugh. To all my brothers...don't be "that guy" and, like a turd, let the one you love "slip away". Just say no! Until the restraining order comes along, that is. I keed. I keed.

How close am I to losing you? Well if that isn't just a kick in the gut...

TUG said...

I would like to hear this song, you know with the music and stuff.

It reminds me a bit of "I'll be there for you" by Bon Jovi or this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klSvZkDNrY

cropstar said...

oh my. i too am obsessed with this song. i think i've listened to it about 30 times today (not much of an exaggeration). it's pretty much the story of my relationship with the only guy i ever truly loved. heartbreak! seriously. great song.

ps- the word verification is dmbut. now the phrase dumb butt is going through my head. sorry. had to share.