Tuesday, August 28, 2007


This might be the saddest song I have ever heard.

Today you were far away
and I didn't ask you why
What could I say
I was far away
You just walked away
and I just watched you
What could I say

How close am I to losing you

Tonight you just close your eyes
and I just watch you
slip away

How close am I to losing you

Hey, are you awake
Yeah I'm right here
Well can I ask you about today

How close am I to losing you
How close am I to losing

Just download it though because I think the lyrics look sort of melodramatic alone but feel very immediate and real when you hear them.


brent said...

Wow. Ugh. To all my brothers...don't be "that guy" and, like a turd, let the one you love "slip away". Just say no! Until the restraining order comes along, that is. I keed. I keed.

How close am I to losing you? Well if that isn't just a kick in the gut...

ThomCarter said...

I would like to hear this song, you know with the music and stuff.

It reminds me a bit of "I'll be there for you" by Bon Jovi or this . . .


cropstar5 said...

oh my. i too am obsessed with this song. i think i've listened to it about 30 times today (not much of an exaggeration). it's pretty much the story of my relationship with the only guy i ever truly loved. heartbreak! seriously. great song.

ps- the word verification is dmbut. now the phrase dumb butt is going through my head. sorry. had to share.