Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ode to Saturday

Saturday really starts on Friday night for me. Two of my favorite things in the world are staying up late and sleeping in. So Friday night usually brings out the extreme night owl in me. I don't have to be out doing anything crazy, but I love being able to stay up as late as I want, knowing I can sleep as late as I want the next day.

Yesterday I got up relatively early for me-10:00-and went for a run down by the beach. I run by the beach at least three or four times a week and it never ever gets old.


Then it was off to lunch with the girls.


Brooke brought her cute as heck little Sydney along. She is such a glam mom, she was dressed to the nines, hair perfect, totally stylish diaper bag and even had a hip looking scarf to cover up when she was breast feeding. She makes motherhood look so good.

I know I said I wouldn't trade my life for a two year old but that doesn't mean I didn't momentarily consider trying to steal Brooke's child. There is something about babies that makes you want to kiss their little faces off.

Instead of getting dessert at the restaurant, we walked over to Sprinkles, this very trendy and obscenely decadent cupcake bakery in Newport. I hold Corey completely responsible for introducing these things to the craving center of my brain afer she bought me some for my birthday. I drive right past the place on my way home from work and it is a miracle I don't stop every night.

I said goodbye to the ladies, took about ten more pictures of Sydney and headed to Target.
I could spend the entire day at Target. There is just so much to do there. I tried on clothes, I bought a binder and supplies for my new inspiration book, I found a treasure trove of travel size toiletries that will save me countless luggage carousel hours this summer, I looked at frames and pillows and furniture and all manner of home improvement items just for fun. Somehow I managed to kill three hours and hardly spent any money at all. I just love to wander.
I went home and watched a little TV with my roommates while I made dinner. Then I got ready to go hear some live music with my friend Laura.
She enjoyed some peach cobbler. I'm in full support of a venue where I can get good music AND good dessert.

We ran into my friend Ellie and her husband Scott.

And then we got to hear about two hours worth of really great music. My favorite being a really slow and sexy cover of "You Can't Always Get What You Want."
Then I came home early enough that I still had time to work on my Relief Society lesson for the next day.

All in all a rather perfect day. And since the next two weeks will consist of a three day trip to New York followed closely by a three day trip to Wisconsin and a day in Portland, it was nice to just chill out a little.

3 comments:

Whits said...

That is just about the cutest baby I've never seen. And b/c I didn't get to try the cupcakes at Sprinkles, I'll just have to come back.

Tom Millar (Author / Publisher) said...

haha. hello katie. i enjoy your posts and try to read them everyday.

f*bomb. said...

I want a Saturday like yours! Mine are mostly dedicated to catching up with tivo... Ambitious, I know.