Sunday, December 17, 2006

Humbled

So if you happen to be planning a pity party for yourself anytime soon, I suggest you try avoid the double whammy of seeing "Pursuit of Happyness" one night and attending a church Christmas program the next. Otherwise, you might find yourself making lists of things you are thankful for and realizing that the things you were whining about lately might be relatively minor in the grand scheme of what you have.

Exhibit A

Gospel
Family
Friends
A good job (that sometimes makes me crazy but ultimately has been pretty amazing)
my car
my house
shoes
good weather
money for fun things
my ipod
my computer
my camera
email
cell phones
good parents
rock star sister's in law
a college education
the beach
salt lake
my time in boston
christmas cards
music
freedom of speech and thought
right to vote
indoor plumbing
health insurance
strong, healthy body
free time
fresh fruit and vegatables year round
logan's missionary email
opportunities to love and be loved
airplanes
tivo
stores that knock off designer clothing
raises
good bosses
coworkers i like and respect
promotions
good interviews
vacations
road trips
fish tacos
flowers
christmas songs
books
journals
blogs
google chat
boys
proactive solution
origins makeup
my amazing hair stylist
beach cruisers
The Sugar Shack
T.K. Burger
Diet Coke
new shoes
peppermint hot chocolate
long runs
babies
hot showers
the Temple
mission presidents who stay in touch
first kisses
The Olympics
spock
being able to donate blood again
photos
my eyelashes
well-cut jeans
occasions to dress up
sub-for-santa
pretty stationary
skirts
patriarchal blessings
knitting
red sox games
mix CD's
crepe parties
live music
candles
good movies
text messaging
dark chocolate
nutella
sushi
expense accounts
beds at the Westin hotels
haircolor
cheap O.C. pedicures
massages
houseguests
missions
washing machines
vaccines
hymns
PCH
New York Super Fudge Chunk

3 comments:

aporitic said...

That's a pretty good list.

pinetreesummer said...

forwarded from "your Dad"

It looks like a nice life. I knew it would be. I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

Testing your sign-in.