Friday, April 29, 2011

Fairy

I have been sort of "meh" about the royal wedding all week but today I found myself one hundred percent SUCKED IN.

It sort of started because duh, the wedding dress. I just wanted to see that and how she did her hair. And then I needed to see what her sister wore, and then there were all those hats, and cute kidlets and it's a slippery slope from there to recap blogs, YouTube clips and extended news magazine coverage.

Honestly though, what really got me today wasn't the breathtaking dress (I really did love it) or the crowds or fancy cars-it was all those tiny adorable moments between Kate and William, or William and Harry, or Kate and her Dad. At the center of all the fabulousness, it just seemed like a real sincere love story.

And the good news is, I 100% believe that every single couple gets to look at each other the way Kate and William did. Those little glances during the ceremony, the easiness of the way they interact-you don't have to marry the future King of England to feel that way. I've been Pippa Middleton close at the weddings of four of my siblings now and I've absolutely seen that same glow on mere commoners.

So maybe I'll fantasize a little bit tonight about designer gowns and balcony kisses but mostly I'll feel confident in the knowledge that today wasn't any more meaningful for the Windsors and Middletons than it will be for me and some dashing fellow someday : )

No comments: