Thursday, March 05, 2009

Resolve

So it's March 5 and guess what..I am STILL GOING STRONG ON A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION! I am so proud of myself.

The goal was to keep a gratitude journal. As I might have mentioned, (ahem, maybe a little too much) this has not been my most favorite year of ever. But I'm a smart enough girl to know that I'm still living a pretty blessed little existence and I wanted to do a better job of noticing and being thankful for the good things. Tonight I have just a few I wanted to share.

1. This guy. I still struggle to really explain how much this nephew business has changed me. I love this kid to distraction. And I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when his cousin arrives in like six weeks. I know-pretty much everyone has one of these but he still feels like this crazy miracle every single time I see those big fluttery eyes.


2. I was listening to el iPod on the way to work today and this came on

I sang along at the top of my lungs and even though I knew I had one of those days from hell coming at me, I felt a little bit better walking into that office. I love Carole King, I love my iPod, I love music.

3. I love my snuggly bed. I get so excited to get in it every night. It's super comfy, super warm and I have all the blankets and pillows my little heart could desire. It's no wonder I have such a tough time getting out of it every day.

4. I'm thankful that I actually enjoy exercising. That doesn't mean I am always good at finding the time to do it and in the winter sometimes the last thing I want to do is go take off my clothes in a locker room BUT, I really genuinely enjoy it and I legitimately miss it when I don't go. I went tonight after work for the first time in a week or so and it. was. awesome.

5. Airplanes. I am so thankful for these bad boys. Especially the one that is going to take me on a little weekend break to California at the end of the month.

6. I was sitting in a meeting today and out of nowhere this really great little memory just popped into my head and made me feel really, really good. I love our when our brains know exactly what we need.

7. My roommate just walked in with hot fries. For me. Awwww. Good roommates=major blessing

I could get to 10 but you see, it's getting late and I have a gratitude journal entry to write ; )

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I like it. I can't get enough of your cute nephew either. Every time I see a picture I can't help but say in my head "Aaaaaw - he is soooo cute!"