Sunday, March 15, 2009

Electric Frog

I did the most FUN THING EVER this weekend...

Are you ready for this?

I


went


running


OUTSIDE!!!

That's right, it was not snowing or sleeting or freezing outside this weekend so I put on my forlorn little running shoes and hit the pavement. It felt a-mazing. I am afraid I had forgotten how nice it is to breathe real air while you work out. I had also forgotten that this girl is a straight up happier person anytime the sun is involved. Thanks for the teaser Boston, I know I had better not get too comfortable though...I'll bet there is still an ice storm or something lurking around the corner.

In other good news, I was trolling through iTunes today and remembered that Toad the Wet Sprocket can knock the damn wind out of me with their awesomeness. This little number became a favorite when a boy I had a MONSTER crush on in college played it during one of the lunchtime "Unplugged" concerts. He was super cute and super uninterested but at least all that wasted energy yielded a musical treasure. And a really embarrassing story I will never share on the blog but you might get lucky and hear it in person someday. In the meantime, this song is seriously so good.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so glad we were able to catch up the other day, Katie! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

It is the best to be able to run outside and soak up the sun...I am so ready to be done w/ the treadmill! Glad you had a great run!

Kelly said...

The weather was so nice! I sat in Cambridge Common for an hour yesterday and just soaked up the sun.

Callie said...

Okay, if a boy I had a MONSTER crush on played this at a lunchtime "unplugged" concert....I would have died. I'm proud that you made it through.

T-Birds 4 Life

M.S. said...

Toad rocks! I love putting their CD's on... thank goodness for the Ipod now.

Yeah for MONSTER crushes too. They make the best memories of college!