Monday, March 23, 2009

Fast One

OK, so I definitely tried to just slip that job thing into the last post like it was no big deal. The truth is I've hardly been telling anyone and I don't really have a great reason for that.

About three weeks ago I moved over to be a Marketing Manager for the parent company that owns the brand I was working for. You know, the job I uprooted my entire life for and moved to Boston to take? Yeah, for reasons both numerous and boring I decided that the fashion world and I were not clicking and in a move that was both unexpected and super kind, my company allowed me to pursue a position within that made better sense with my sport background. So I took on Women's Fitness and Golf (I know, I am learning one million things about a sport that is totally new to me but so far, I can totally see why people like it so much!) for a brand whose name I would rather not type in this post but I will give you a clue: Big Cat.

It's a really good move and I feel enormously grateful to my company for being willing to let me make the switch. It's a pretty killer opportunity and especially in this economy (I hate that I just said that. boo.) I know just how lucky I am.

The downside of course being that it's hard to be the new girl and even though I only moved about 20 yards down from my old desk, the big brand is like another planet and there is a ton to learn. I have a quick jaunt to HB this weekend that will be a good way to unwind a little after what had been-here I go again-a tough year.

So there it is.

9 comments:

Zimm said...

Congratulations, that's awesome!

aaronymous said...

Congrats.

but aren't you a little young to be doing Womens Fitness annd Golf for Cougar footwear?
;)

Betsy said...

Like we wouldn't notice! :) Congratulations! So excited for your new gig!

chloe said...

Congratulations!!! I'm super excited for you!

Jen said...

I know you'll be awesome! My mind went to the cougar joke too....you're a bit too young for that and I'm fairly certain you don't drink enough white zinfandel to EVER be a cougar!

Katie said...

Oh exciting! I have lots of stuff your company makes!

Greg and Jayne said...

I think that in order to be a cougar, you have to date a 12 year old! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for this to be wildly fun and satisfying for you.

CoCo said...

Baby step to Thursday.

littlemikemack said...

Excellent........geeez louise I admire these "young kids" today.....most of'em anyway.

Your a super hero.