Thursday, October 01, 2009

One

I had lunch today with two ridiculously cool girls from the Marketing department at work. They were in town from our New York office. One just moved from San Francisco and the other one has been in New York for 11 years. The three of us are all in our thirties and all have pretty cool career experiences under our belts. Between us we have lived in three of the biggest cities in the country. What do you think we talked about?

Well work. Obviously. And we are all new to the Committee so we talked about our old jobs and what we like to do in our spare time.

But of course we talked about boys. And dating. And I was looking at these two really cute, confident, successful women and I thought to myself-men are stupid.

Just kidding! I don't think men are stupid. I just think that I'm about to turn 33 and it's comforting to know that I'm in pretty fabulous single girl company.

3 comments:

aporitic said...

Oh no, you were right -- men are stupid.

Jamie said...

Thinking about the other amazing single women I know makes me feel a little better about my life somedays.

Greg and Jayne said...

No, most men aren't stupid, but they are often just insecure enough about any apparent imbalance in a male/female relationship, that they don't dare try anything that puts them on the lower scale. it's dicey to figure out how to allow for that without playing the dumb date just for soeone's ego!