Thursday, October 15, 2009

Calling all Teachers/PTA Moms

One of the really fun parts of my job is that I will be running Team Processing before the Games in February. Every single US athlete will come through our center to pick up all the fun stuff they get for making the team. They'll spend a few hours trying on clothes, getting their Opening Ceremonies outfit altered, getting their "yearbook" photos taken and sending all the clothes they brought with them home because they just got super hooked up.

We thought it would be really fun to get school kids across the country to write "Good Luck" cards and posters to the athletes that we can post in the Team Processing venue. If you are a teacher or a parent who would like to have your child's class participate, you can leave your contact info in a comment or email me at katieclifford(at)gmail(dot)com. I'd love to have you guys play with us!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Team Processing is so FUN! I'm very jealous, I got to help the USOC before Sydney - one of the most fun things I've ever done. Lucky you!

Crystalbell said...

Are preschools allowed to participate? On on the Board of Directors at Gia's school and I really think it'd be fun for them to do something like this. It may not be legible, but it'd be fun!

goodfoodgirl said...

i sent a note to our center director-- we have kids up to 5... when do you need them by? is it CS or Vancouv? SOOOOOOOOOOOO fun! i so wish i was there with you...

myrtle budge said...

I will talk to my kids school, I think they would love to do it!

Kat said...

I can talk to Caden's Kindergarten teacher. They might be able to involve his whole school. Would you like me to find out? Sounds like you are going to have a BLAST! :) You are so awesome. I loved working with you at the SLC Olympics.

M.S. said...

Is it too late to do this? Let me know. I had this in my star file on my goggle reader and just found it!