Monday, March 24, 2008

Still

There are lots of weird things about moving back to a place you once lived but one that i am really enjoying is reconnecting with old friends. Two of my former colleagues work at my new company but in a different office so it wasn't until today that I got to see them. I walked into the building and almost burst into tears when I saw Nancy's smiling face. I did manage to keep it together but after my meetings we talked like little schoolgirls with no regard to how much traffic I was going to hit. It's so much fun meeting new people and having new experiences but there is something so comforting about those folks that share some of your history. I went to lunch this weekend with a friend I have known since college. She and her husband are living here while he goes to dental school and walking into their house on Saturday felt like a relief. I'm settling in here and as we get more sunshine and less bitter cold, my mood is definitely following suit, but I spend a fair amount of time feeling like I have to be "on". Proving myself at work, making friends, trying to give this round of Boston living a clean break from the last round-it can all be a bit exhausting. These moments with people I can relax with have been invaluable.

Also invaluable?

Vampire Weekend. So hot right now that the backlash should be happening before you can say "Diablo Cody" but if this video doesn't get you moving you probably don't have a soul.

5 comments:

f*bomb. said...

WHEW!
And I was worried I might be soul-less.

That's the amazing thing about True Friends; it doesn't matter how much time has passed, the converstation between you doesn't skip a beat. And somehow that re-connection always manages to remind you of who you truly are because your friends who know you, KNOW YOU.

Whits said...

so true about the backlash. I think its already started. coke machine glow had nothing good to say about them.

my boyfriend got vampire weekend on vinyl and we listened to it this weekend. it sounds AMAZING on vinyl which is why i'm totally getting a record player. :) thanks for posting the video. I LOVE it.

Lady Bills said...

vampire weekend is as good as a orange popsicle on a hot day in july.

i heart you... and when i say heart you it means love forever and ever.

littlemikemack said...

Tune reminds me of Elvis Costello with a just a dash of ABC

f*bomb. said...

I love the people who read your blog.
Truly.