Friday, January 25, 2008

Ta-dah!

Anyone who has been around me much in the last couple of months can probably tell you that I've been acting a little bit squirrely. I don't do well keeping giant secrets and it seems like I've been bursting with them lately.

A few months ago I was feeling antsy about a myriad of things in my life-wondering if I was in the right job, if I should start thinking about buying a house, if I'm being lazy socially. I suppose it's general stuff that everyone goes through but in the years since I graduated from college I've been able to do a lot of interesting things and always felt like I was progressing. Feeling stuck is unfamiliar and very, very uncomfortable. So when a call came out of nowhere for a job opportunity in a place I had never planned to go again, it seemed like a bad idea to tell the universe I wasn't interested.

Four nerve-racking interviews and two months later I'm headed back to my old Boston stomping grounds to manage marketing for a little fashion sneaker and apparel brand.

I was driving home along PCH last night, buzzing with excitement about the job and the move but also feeling very mixed about leaving this place that I love. If my life had a theme over the last few years it would probably be "do over". I got a chance to come back to California and do it better than I did the first and I'm getting that same opportunity with Boston. I kicked and screamed the whole way last time and never fully allowed myself to settle in like I probably should have.

So that's my news. I'll be busy the next few weeks trying to wrap up my life here and get the new one started but you know I won't be able to stay away from THIS little corner of my world...

26 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Congratulations!!

Katie Elaine said...

congrats!! good luck with the moving prep and the re-settling.

chloe said...

Congratulations!!!

Betsy said...

Congrats Katie! Onward and upward! Also, I'm happy that you were lying when you said this blog was over. :)

Damian said...

grats!

why don't you start marketing for them by telling us which one.

Mandy said...

back to boston?!?! i never would have guessed, though it was obvious something was up... are you having a going away party or anything? let me know so i can come say bye!

Shawn said...

Well Done.

Lee said...

B-B-B-Boston?!

MrsEm said...

Congratulations! Boston should be a lot of fun. California will miss you!

Dainon. said...

I think I hear Amy cheering from here.

Senja said...

congrats and good luck with everything! :) when will you be moving?

The last Unicorn said...

That is awesome! We will miss you here in Cali, but you have made your mark here. Time to move on or back I guess you would say. Does this mean we get to plan a going away party? I hope so!

Linda said...

Wow- I'm so excited for you. And, a little jealous since I miss Boston sooooo much! You'll have to come visit me in Cali :)

Mary said...

Congratulations! I am really happy for you!

april said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. I've always wanted to visit Boston, this is just further incentive!

Pam said...

Well, I got a FULL year of going to lunch with you at work.... That's pretty impressive. Please be sure to be in town one of the first two weekend of January 2009. What is a Mormon Party with you?

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Yea, congrats!!! We're planning a trip that way at the end of September with our new little one. I'll call you when it gets closer so we can get together.

corinne said...

wow katie, congrats! that is huge. i can't believe you have to move again, that sucks, but i'm glad you are happy about this change. love your blog, and i still have a crush on you and your family as always! :)

Randy said...

Congrats! I'll be joining you soon. I am moving to Rhode Island next year. I can't wait to read about all your new adventures.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, woman! Such exciting times! I couldn't be happier for you.

littlemikemack said...

Congratulations !

aporitic said...

Boston is damn lucky. Not everyone gets two shots at the title.

Katie said...

Wow, that's AWESOME!

cropstar said...

What an adventure! Congrats and good luck!

Anonymous said...

wow! congrats, Katie, that's really cool. I hope the new job is everything you want it to be. The west coast ( and I, in particular) will miss you.

I'm going to start missing you right now.

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the new job! I hope I'll get to see you around when I'm up in Cambridge.