Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wake Me Up!

One of my favorite things in the entire world is hearing a song for the first time that stops you dead in your tracks and makes you feel half desperate until you can hear it again.

I was working in our Portland office last winter and thanks to the wireless network floating through the office, my iTunes program was picking up everyone else's iTunes as well. Since another favorite thing of mine is going through other people's music, I eagerly clicked on one belonging to "Coach". There was a fair amount of 80's music in there so I was having fun listening to some old favorites. Then the phone rang or someone came in and I got busy and forgot about the music. So maybe an hour later I was back on the computer and a song came on that dug it's little claws into my ears and has yet to let go.

I'm not going to tell you who the artist is because I'm afraid you will judge it/me and not give it a chance. But it's been a good nine or ten months since I bought this song and I still listen to it regularly.

Waiting for that Day

The lyrics are great, the melody is great and the album it comes from is definitely worth checking out.

11 comments:

Senja said...

great song! the beat is from another old song i know.

oh georgy..

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Very, very catchy. Very.

TUG said...

It was nice and a bit catchy.

But I am judging.

littlemikemack said...

No judging...

......could immediately "see" the artisit. Never heard it until now...very nice indeed...thanks for sharing.

Brent said...

Very clever title for your post. Hee hee.

Feel no shame! We are all entitled to our "guilty pleasures". Enjoy this song with pride. But the straight kind, please.

k8 said...

hey now, replikate does not discrimate on basis of age, race, gender or orientation!

goat said...

I listened without prejudice.

Verdict? Awful.

Man, sometimes I think we're totally on the same page and then you pull something like this. Now I don't know what to think...

Kristy Mouti said...

That is his best album ever. It's, in my opinion, George's most soulful, heartfelt music. That CD is always in my car (I know, no iPod, I'm kickin' it old school). My favorite is Cowboys and Angels.

k8 said...

goat, i can't help it if you don't understand real talent.

and krispy...great minds..you know...

Tannertrue said...

How could anyone judge this negatively after hearing who sang it?

Despite his many run ins with the law and your stance on his sexual orientation, he is one of the best pop writers of the 80s and early 90s.

Don't be ashamed Kate! Own it! Say it loud! Say it proud!

k8 said...

oh Tanner, make no mistake! i am not remotely ashamed of my love for this man. but i knew if i said his name out loud, folks might dismiss him immediately. the guy is good. real good.