Sunday, January 09, 2011

Comfort Food

Maybe it's because I got my first Bon Iver track on a winter mix, maybe it's because my friend Seth and I saw him live on a snowy night, maybe because the name itself is a play on the french words for "good winter", but for several years now, Bon Iver has been my cold winter evening go to artist.

I had forgotten about this a cappella version of For Emma recorded in a hallway in Paris. I still get chills when I hear it. And since it is snowing here in Colorado Springs tonight, I can't stop putting it on repeat.



I had a rah rah 2011 resolutions post all written in my head that I wanted to get out tonight. Instead I tracked down this version of Blood Bank. I feel like this one lost something when they recorded it in the studio. The live videos, however, make me cry every time.



This guy.

No comments: