Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tails

I got this latest letter for Dear Me just before Thanksgiving. It's from someone I really admire and I was quite delighted when he asked me if he could submit something even though he was not a girl.

I was standing in the kitchen half watching TV and half making dinner and then suddenly I was definitely crying.

This letter made me think a lot about some of the difficult things my own family has been through-divorce, illness, remarriage-and how you don't always react to those things the way you think you will. Or hope you will. There are situations I would have changed, but some I wish I would have been less hard on myself about. I'm trying to see things more as opportunities to learn and not always as the final performance. The last line of this letter is pretty stellar

“...the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.”

No comments: