Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tantrum

Two things I love to do on a cross-country flight:

1. Read the latest Vanity Fair cover to cover
2. Catch up on all the podcasts stacking up in my iTunes

Last Sunday night I was flying to New York and after I finished hearing what Angelina thinks about "Brad, the kids and giving up acting", I turned on the KCRW's Top Tune podcast. The first song was a new LCD Soundsystem track that was pretty good but I was still browsing the magazine a little bit while I listened. And then. What happened next was one of those things I absolutely love about music and one of the reasons I never get tired of it-a song burst into my ears that made it next to impossible to sit still in my seat. I have been on this neo-soul kick recently and this little tune hit me right between the eyes. It's by a little band called Fitz and the Tantrums and the album doesn't come out until later this month so you'll have to settle for this little live version.




I'm now officially OBSESSED with these guys. Perfect perfect summertime music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

KCRW is streaming the entire thing on their website.

I, too, discovered it by accident when it played automatically after I listened to the new !!!.

I had to play it a second time, as I was so hooked. Glad to see I'm not the only one...