Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oreos

So I got a pretty great letter yesterday for the Dear Me project...


Dear me yesterday,

Buy more milk. Oreos wouldn't be a bad idea either.

love,
Amy


I'm always wishing yesterday me would have bought some Oreos.

Speaking of food, after reading "Julie and Julia" and deciding it was high time I learned my learned my way around a kitchen, I bought the first cookbook I have purchased as an adult. I also got around to reading "Friday Night Lights" on a plane this weekend (so, read the book, saw the movie, worship the TV show) and decided it was also high time I knew more about football. So since I was already at the store, I picked up a book that bills itself as a woman's guide to understanding the NFL.

Cooking and football-part of my goal to build my personal brand during a down market.

10 comments:

Damian said...

I hope you bought "the Joy of Cooking", seriously it is the most useful cookbook ever.

k8 said...

i actually bought the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that my mother always used. I think the Joy of Cooking will find it's way into my cupboard eventually though.

CoCo said...

And too bad you weren't on our Powder Puff team, b/c that taught me running patterns and plays!

{jane} said...

dusty would just die of love if i bought a book about football with the intentions to learn more about it.

i know the very basics.

cropstar said...

that is a brilliant letter.

Greg and Jayne said...

You've been reading Brandon Allen!

AP said...

Good for you! Football and cooking are two of my very favorite things. Football is more fun if you have a favorite team, as well as a team to hate. It's a must. And now you can make great snacks to eat during Monday Night Football :)

cay said...

It's decided: you'll need to come over and watch football with us. Perhaps opening weekend?

k8 said...

done Miss Yin!!! that sounds awesome!

aporitic said...

That book is a great choice. I still use it all the time.