Thursday, February 26, 2009

Voices

A few months ago my friend Seth called and asked me if I wanted to drop kind of a silly amount of money on tickets to a Boston Pops show hosted by Chris Botti that was being taped for a PBS special. Since I've got no mouths to feed but my own, I said yes on the spot and we ended up having one of those wonderful evenings where you know you are in the very best place on the planet. We got all dressed up which as you know I looove and then the show was straight up spectacular. Chris Botti-trumpeter extraordinaire-was a charming host for the evening and he brought along a whole host of great guests. Sting sang "Shape of My Heart" with Josh Groban, Stephen Tyler sang "Smile" in snakeskin pants, Katherine McPhee made me wonder why exactly she didn't win American Idol, and my future boyfriend John Mayer covered Frank Sinatra. I still feel dreamy when I think about it all.

Well the PBS special premiers Saturday night and I know it will be going right into Mr. Tivo at my house. You should probably watch it too if you like things are that totally awesome. Check out this little clip. And inside scoop-they sang this through three times that night. The second time for a better camera angle and the third because Mr. Groban flubbed the lyrics. Even so, these guys were mesmorizing.


And yes, I'll get a little thrill when they say "filmed at Symphony Hall in Boston by WGBH" and hey! I was totally there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I will DVR and watch for you!

Katie said...

WOW! I could die with envy right now!

Rookie Dad said...

Sounds like a great show. Thanks for the clip -- one of my favorite Sting songs -- and for the heads up on the PBS special.