Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Percolate

Have you ever had a dream that you aren't in? I had one last night. Stanley from The Office was in my dream but I wasn't. It was weird. I've been under the weather this week and so I have that "watching my body from afar" feeling you get when you are sick. I can't get a coherent thought together and thus, the blog has been a little sparse.

Enter my friend Chloe! She agreed to a song battle and I'm very excited to hear what she comes up with. She's made me some fabulous mixes over the last few years so you should be excited too.

Mary J. Blige people, she doesn't want any more drama and neither do I. This is a classic "cut through the bull I just want to find someone real" kind of love song that a girl can really get into this Valentine's Day season. This song came out when I was an awkward teen and it still makes me wish I had a high school stomp to go to on Saturday night.


Now check out Chloe's pick and leave your vote in the comments!

*there is a weird intro to this video. you need to let it play for about 10 seconds before the song starts.

5 comments:

M.S. said...

This time it is so hard. It was great to hear some "Real Love" (Been awhile) but "Cry Me A River" was so interesting. I've never have heard it.

Tough. Tough. Tough.

I'm going to have to vote for..... Cry Me A River.

chloe said...

This whole thing is so interesting. I can't believe you almost picked a Glen cover! That would have been crazy.

chelle. said...

alright...i love glen hansard, but i hate that song...so, kate, you win. plus, i love a good high school memory.

ps. i was wondering if i could throw my hat into the ring. i would love to pick a song, too.

Katie said...

No contest. "Real Love" has got to be one of the coolest songs ever.

cropstar said...

YOU WIN! YOU WIN! YOU WIN!
this is one of my very favorite songs of all time and everytime i hear it a barage of memories comes flooding in. hello 1992!