Monday, February 16, 2009

Saint

No matter how secure you feel in your non-marital status, Valentine's Day can be a little tricky. I decided a long time ago that the last thing I ever ever wanted to do was end up on some sad sack calorie-fest girl's night out that devolves into boy bashing and wallowing in self-pity. I usually like to go to the gym or out for a nice run on the beach in my California days.

But this year the big day was on a Saturday and thus, the day that usually reminds me how much I really do love my single life. So I slept in, waaaaay in, bought good fresh produce at Whole Foods, got a mani-pedi, treated myself to a new Jo Malone fragrance, sat in a coffee shop and read the paper while enjoying some hot chocolate, then came home and took a long hot shower before my roommate and I hit dinner and a movie with two delightful gentlemen friends. We talked about the state of the world and ate chicken wings and then checked out one of the nominees for Best Foreign Film where I got to listen to my beloved French for two hours. I'd say single in Boston doesn't look half bad.





1 comment:

CoCo said...

It makes me so happy to see that necklace!