Friday, July 13, 2012

Surrender

This week.

What to say about this week.

I'm in London.

It has rained every single day.

I haven't slept a full night since we got here.

Every single thing that is out of my immediate control has gone wrong.

I was homesick the first day.

But today my friend Andrew from the IOC who I adore, came over to say hello, And we managed to find a place for all the Ralph Lauren items. And our team is going to look beautiful even if everything was MADE IN CHINA.

This is hard work and long hours and lots and lots of things are not working anywhere nearly the way I planned them. But I still feel really lucky, and as I sat in a pub tonight and my team teased me mercilessly about the super cute volunteer who has been flirting with me (I maybe flirted back. A lot.) I can't think of anywhere I would rather be.

Except maybe asleep.

1 comment:

MildredRatched said...

1).Nothing ever goes as planned.
2).Not one of the athletes will be naked for the Opening Ceremonies. Because you can do this. However...if one should chose to be naked I hope its...I shouldn't say that. I shouldn't even think that!!!
3). "They" say sleep is over rated. Who are these people? Nap during tea time. Standing up if you have to.
4).Keep flirting! Isn't it fun?!