Saturday, June 23, 2012

Track Town

So this is the day I had.

For three hours this morning we opened nine pallets worth of clothing and arranged it on racks and tables.

Then we went to do a tour of the stadium and happened to be in the coaches box when Ashton Eaton broke a world record in the decathlon 100m.  It is not going to hurt my feelings when we get to fit Ashton for his Team USA gear.

Taken with my iPhone. No zoom. OMG.



Afterwards we wandered around the venue for awhile and happened to run across an older gentleman my coworker Cindy knew from way back named John Carlos. Who was he? Just this guy. I got an actual chill up my spine shaking his hand and I haven't stopped thinking about it all day.

John Carlos was the bronze medalist
Then it was back to the hotel where we finished up our set up. This is what outfitting looks like for the 2012 Olympic team.


We wrapped up with way too much sushi and gossip on a rainy Eugene night.

Tomorrow it all begins and I feel a little bit like a kid on Christmas Eve.


No comments: