Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Small World

I didn't watch the Oscars this year because frankly, I get to eye rolly by the end of that show with how self-important the movie industry is. Hey guys, film is great, I'll even give you that film is important. But you are all very very well compensated to do a really fun job so...you know, perspective. Not curing cancer or anything.

But. I was pretty excited for Kathryn Bigelow to get that Best Director award. Kind of funny that it's 2010 and it's the first time a woman has ever won it eh?

Anyway, my mom sent this yearbook photos over today-guess who she sat by in English class? Click on the photos below and see if you can find a face that looks kinda like mine on the first page and a famous name on the second page.

Pretty cool.


5 comments:

Tannertrue said...

OH MAN THAT'S AWESOME.

So awesome I had to write it in all caps.

She was fine back then and she has aged very well. As opposed to James Cameron's current wife, Skeletor.

HaH said...

ya know what else stands out to me? It's how adult and mature they all look. something to be said about being well groomed.

Greg and Jayne said...

It's funny, my high school class in Orange County was the last one to have the California state dress code - i.e. girls in dresses and a hair standard and minimum requirement for boys. So my class looks older and more tidy, and the next year it was as if someone turned loose the fraggles. I wouldn't want it to go back, but I'll say that our social behavior was also a bit different than the next year.

JTA said...

That is a good story! Small world.

turleybenson said...

Forgot to comment, love the curing cancer line. Seriously people.