Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Like the corners of my mind

Over Christmas my long time friend Jed called to tell me he had spent the afternoon looking through college photos. "And let me just tell you," I waited for him to say something sweet about how much he missed all of us or how young and adorable we all were, "the 90's were NOT kind to ANY of us. We looked AW-FUL!"

I would have argued but I spent an entire year in denim overalls and a flannel shirt tied around my waist. So here's to your 30's when you can afford better skincare and good haircuts. And when don't spend a good chunk of your time eating mozarella sticks at Denny's at 2 in the morning.

Hooray for adulthood.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

If my 90s hair ever comes back, please shoot me.

The Andersen Family said...

Lol...I remember your overalls:) I shudder to think what my 'signature look' was. Agreed. Hooray for adulthood.

Cristin said...

I couldn't agree more. I cut my own hair when I was 18 and 19. Gross. I miss the carefree-ness of my young adult years, but seriously, it is nice to be able to afford better clothes, hair, etc.

M.S. said...

Amen!
And look how good you all look!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

amen