Monday, December 29, 2008

itinerary

My schedule these days goes something like this:

wake up late
lay in bed and think about warm i am
get up
talk to my mom
shower
talk to my mom
drive somewhere for lunch with someone awesome
goof around
eat dinner with a collection of people that are awesome
sit around and talk
go to bed late

Throw in some presents, a haircut, and some What Not to Wear and that's been my vacation. So. Awesome.

Tonight I was catching up on neglected email and this was the message from SteepandCheap sometime this week

The worst part about the downturn in the economy is that everyone is blaming it for anything that goes wrong. I suppose that if you're among the 7% of the workforce that's unemployed, then you'd disagree that the blame game is the worst part, but I suspect that it makes things even less bearable. I've heard "economic downturn" prefaced by bad news so many times that I'm pretty sure people would blame the economy if the building was on fire. The really crazy thing is that it's not that the economy is completely going downhill--it's that it's just not growing rapidly enough. I've listened to the NPR stories and, although I'm no economist, I think I can safely say that I have no idea what's going on. The only thing worse than people blaming the economy for all their problems are those people who try to tell you that it's your responsibility to go out and spend a lot of money. If I was to jump in and blame the economic downturn for just one thing, I would say that it's made me want to sleep more and be lazy--or maybe I'm thinking of winter.


So I'm just letting you all know that my lack of posting this week is totally because of the economic downturn.

2 comments:

Crystalbell said...

Hahaha! You are funny! The economic downturn is also responsible for this lame comment!

Your vacation sounds perfect.

Zach said...

Sounds like you need to go for a run. Let me know. :) That is, if you can squeeze it in... what, with the economy and all.