Tuesday, June 12, 2007

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!!!

Once upon a time, the parents of five children announced they were having one more baby. The oldest daughter, who was 14 at the time, was aghast. "I will never love this baby," she said, "I will be an adult before she can read, we will never know each other."

But the baby came, and she was a good baby. A happy baby. A beautiful baby. And as soon as she was born, no one in the family could imagine why we thought our family was complete without her.

And even though that baby stole my face, and is smarter and more creative and has a better boyfriend at sixteen than I do at twice her age, I am so delighted to wish her a very, very Happy 16th Birthday!




p.s. if you live in Utah, breathe easy, the kid doesn't get her license for a couple more months. Thanks you Drivers Ed.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

thanks katie!!