Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back to the Beach

The night before I left for Vancouver I was doing my traditional best to avoid packing. I chatted online with some friends, took a new and complicated Facebook profile photo, my friend Katie brought by an adorable care package so I visited with her for a bit, and then I spent some time on iTunes researching all the new releases my friend Paul mentioned in a status update. Patty Griffin had a new album out that week which is sublime, but he also mentioned a band I didn't know called Beach House. I checked them out and immediately fell deeply in love. They are from Baltimore, a city that has more charm than "The Wire" would lead you to believe and they promptly became my Olympic soundtrack.

I really like the entire Teen Dream album but this one is my favorite. I love songs that yearn.

No comments: